Why Teach This Way
The Toddler curriculum is foundational in our Show Me Jesus Sunday school material. Even our littlest ones can learn big truths!
Toddler is a one-year series divided into four quarters, designed to be repeated each year. Because 2- and 3-year-olds are learning basic vocabulary and concepts, repetition reinforces the biblical content, and toddlers love repetition!
The average vocabulary of a two-year-old is 200 words. This grows into an astounding 1,500 words or more during the third year! What an exciting opportunity to teach historical, redemptive Bible truths to 2-year-olds who are learning the words of faith and 3-year-olds who are learning the stories of faith.
Each quarter includes 13 activity sheets with the lesson's Bible story so families can create an at-home storybook. It’s a great way to connect church and home. The artwork is age-appropriate and designed to help 2- and 3-year-olds appreciate the joy expressed in the life of faith.
The goal of this curriculum is to provide our little ones with a firm biblical foundation. Most importantly, in every lesson they are pointed to Jesus and their need for him. Children this age are able to learn the following truths:
- The Bible is God’s Word and it’s true.
- Prayer is talking to God.
- God created everything.
- God loves and takes care of his children.
- God always keeps his promises.
- Sin is saying no to God.
- All people sin and need a Savior.
- God sent his Son, Jesus.
- Jesus saves his children from sin.
- We put our trust in Jesus as our Savior.
- We obey God because he loves us.
- We obey God because we trust and love him.
- The church is made up of God’s people.